[mythtv] AC3 + bigdvb3.5 + australia + transport.c

Tim Davies tim at opensystems.net.au
Fri Jan 14 10:40:34 EST 2005

Awww...that was the cool bit!

> 2. Cleaned up some test code and hacks in transport.c. It now functions
> correctly and does not have the #if 0 stuff in it.

That bit still works for me too.

> 3. Tim, the change you made to the incCurrentAudioTrack call broke my
> setup.
> After looking at what you did I got an idea for a better fix which works
> for
> me and I am pretty sure it will work for you too. Can you test and
> confirm.

No, but I think I have figured this one out.  We have mutually exclusive
interests.  It all happens when we see a packet from an audio stream that
isn't the wantedAudioStream...

For your case you are saying: "Hey I didn't expect that packet, maybe I
should be listening to that instead!".  You expect a single audio stream
written by dvbrecorder.cpp and there may have been a channel change (and
hence a codec change).  Right?

In my case, quite often there is more than one audio track (MPEG + AC3).  If
I'm listening to the AC3 track, I specifically want to ignore any packets
from the MPEG stream.

Surely autoSelectAudioTrack should get the right track, and if there is a
channel change this needs to be called again.  I can see only two conditions
that currently call autoSelectAudioTrack:

- When the recorded file is opened, obviously!
- If the current track has a greater index than what the stream contains.
That is just a sanity check.

Surely at the end of ScanStreams (or somewhere like that) would be the place
to do it.  GetFrame just doesn't seem the right place.  And autoSelect would
be better than just incrementing the stream index until it gets it right.

I'm not sure we can do the test based on stream index after a channel change
(and therefore a complete set of streams changing).  That's asking for
trouble.

What do you reckon?

I might have a hack at it in the morning (Perth time).

> 4. This patch is a diff between cvs from a few hours ago, bigdvb3.5, and
> Marcus' latest trans.dif patch. It was based on v5 of the oz-ac3 as
> supplied
> by Tim. It should patch cleanly this time I hope.

Patches cleanly, but all your patches seem to be in DOS format which upsets
the patch command (for me anyway!).

Tim.