[mythtv] Nintendo64 and/or Genesis

Alan Gonzalez alandgonzalez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:33:34 EST 2005

> Hello,
> I was searching the mailing list archives for information related to
> mythgame because I also wanted Nintendo64 support.  In addition, support
> for another game emulator (VisualBoyAdvance, for my brother.)  I was
> planning on making changes in the near future to change the way mythgame
> prompted for information, in particular, so that when an xmame upgrade
> changed command line parameters, so that it wouldn't require code
> changes.  Do you have some references to describe the other fixes you
> were talking about?

The references are to the discussions in this thread.  Where
commandline arguments would be specified in the settings dialog,
specifically commandline, and not in the Menu button from the Games
section of Myth.  Also an improvement would be a simple way to add new
games from the GUI.

I have an idea about this, and I should be able to get a prototype out
to start with.  Maybe that would help you get started?

> Is mythgame under active development by many people, or just a few?
> Would there be interest in an additional developer?

It's not very active, since it seems to work for most people the way it is.