[mythtv] DVB Changes / Patch Applied

Tim Davies tim at opensystems.net.au
Mon Jan 24 08:21:42 EST 2005

> The PMT dump you sent a while ago had a 0x0b descriptor (system clock)
> which is something I have never seen before (maybe read up on that?).
> I recently fixed the descriptor handling for TS mode so now all
> descriptors *should* be recorded correctly with TS. This was in the
> patch that was sent to Isaac (it's in CVS now) so I guess there's
> something more to it than that. The PCRPID listed in the PMT doesn't
> exist as a component stream in the PMT but according to the backend
> log the recorder opened the correct pid anyway, so I think dvbrecorder
> is working as intended and this bug is probably somewhere in ffmpeg or
> the frontend?
>
> If you want to check that the PMT is recorded correctly you can use
> the following command:
> dvbsnoop -n 2 -crc -s ts -tssubdecode -nph -if <TS recording>
>
> That should give you the same PMT as the original one, but with some
> streams skipped (as decided by the autopid).

Okay, all the descriptors are in the recorded PMT now.  But...

In the backend log, I don't see a line adding the PCR PID (like I used
to see).

Is there an easy way to tell if the stream is actually in there?  All
the tools I have get their input directly from the dvb device and not a
file.

It's interesting that xine and mplayer will play the file (and seek)
without a problem.

Tim.