[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits (find daily/weekly)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jan 25 02:59:19 EST 2005

> Added two new recording types, kFindDailyRecord and kFindWeeklyRecord.
> The new recording types are intended for daily and weekly programs
> which meet the following criteria.

Could someone straighten me out on these things?  I'm trying to add
support to mythweb for such things, but with each new recording type,
the SQL queries get more and more confusing.

I'd like to get a lot of this stuff updated and fixed before the .17
release, and maybe it's just been a bad day (it has), but I can't make
heads or tails about how to go about fixing this stuff.

I have a few areas of confusion:

Seems I basically need to know what's going on with the recordoverride
table (since it doesn't seem to be getting used much in myth -- the
record.type values of 7 and 8, what I call record and suppress, are used
more often, or even exclusively -- is recordoverride deprecated?).

With the new stuff, I currently have queries that compare date/time/etc
against the recording type to see if a particular show falls into a
particular recording type -- it's a massive nasty query.  But with the
new stuff, do I check +- 24 hours, or +- 12 hours?  +- 7 days, or 3.5
days?  Or is it something more complicated, and if so, how do I pull
this information out?  Is there a better way to do this WHOLE thing?
Maybe I should just check each show against QUERY_GETALLPENDING?  Sounds
like that might be the best way to do things, since it leaves all of
that checking code in the backend (one place, less chance of mythweb
calculating something incorrectly)

Going to give my brain a much-needed rest, but I may have more questions
after these get answered.

-Chris