[mythtv] CVS Gentoo ebuild

Kevin Elliott kevin at phunc.com
Wed Jan 26 00:26:14 EST 2005

Another fine example of MythTV developers going against the grain :)

Come on, adopt autoconf, and a proper automated make script. I remember
Isaac once saying he thought autoconf was crap, but I've yet to understand
how it is. Furthermore, why is it almost all open source projects use it and
it isn't alright to use it for MythTV? I would think the advantages outweigh
any possible disadvantages.

Why wouldn't we want dependency library detection, header checks, and
automatic system optimization based on probing the system. I still never saw
the advantage to having to manually choose by #defines.

Kevin

Kevin Elliott
kevin at phunc.com
http://www.kevinelliott.net/