[mythtv] Changing video delay

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Wed Jan 26 14:14:44 EST 2005

Hi,

I am considering on of the Mac minis for HTPC duty (running Gentoo), however it
won't be powerful enough to do DRC with brutefir so I need to route audio
accross a dedicated network using jack.udp to an audio only PC. This will
introduce some extra delay - the send and receive buffers for jack.udp and the
1024 samples delay in my brutefir setup - so I need a way to delay the video
for live TV and recorded programs and have this amount stored as a default
value. (Ideally the delay would be removed when rewinding and fastforwarding).

A bit of searching the archives shows people requesting this feature, though no
one seems to have come up with anything, so I was just wondering if anyone was
working on this or has it on a todo list?

Many thanks,

Chris