[mythtv] proposed change to mythfilldatabase

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 27 14:04:30 EST 2005

>>>>> Tom McKearney writes:
[...]
t> My proposal is to add a command-line switch --save-post-files (or
t> something) that just does everything that is done for an automated
t> download, but creates the post-files in the current directory (instead
t> of /tmp) and doesn't use wget...

t> This way, I can fire off my scripts (which will ssh to another machine
t> for the wget and then scp the files back) and then call
t> mythfilldatabase with the retrieved files later (all in a cron job).

        It might be more useful to just provide an option or a
database setting that tells mythfilldatabase to call a user program
rather than wget/gunzip (or tv_grab_xxx for XMLTV).

        Along the same lines, here's a way to do it without myth
changes:  Hack up a "wget" script that does the ssh/wget/scp (or
whatever you want).  Change $PATH before running mythfilldatabase if
you don't want to replace /usr/bin/wget.  A little ugly, but it works.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.