[mythtv] request: OSX mythfrontend and winmyth for CVS backend

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Thu Jan 27 19:16:22 EST 2005

On 27 Jan 2005, at 6:35 PM, Joshua King wrote:

> It's not that bad on my G3 iBook 900Mhz, not running a recent CVS
> (about Nov when it all started working I think), but MPEG4 live TV is
> watchable.

Good to hear that! Nothing should be any slower in recent CVS, so that
should be fine.

> Don't drop the G3 yet :)

There's no plans for that. In fact, I just checked in a change that
eliminates the need to modify settings.pro for G3 users. You still need
to run "./configure --disable-altivec" though, as FFmpeg's configure
always turns it on for PowerPC and we don't do runtime Altivec checks
yet.

- Jer