[mythtv] DVB Driver for the pcHDTV HD-3000

Tom E. Craddock, Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Mon Jan 31 17:53:15 EST 2005

Kirk Lapray wrote:

> I have developed a DVB driver for the HD-3000 HDTV card.  This opens
> up many more possibilities with this card.  Using the DVB driver you
> do loose the ability to get analog stations, but I am not concerned
> about this since I don't use this part of the card anyway.
>
> I have tested the driver out with the latest CVS version of MythTV and
> it works really well with all the recent DVB support added lately.
>
> You can get the driver and more information on how to install it at
> http://www.geocities.com/kirk_lapray/.  I would like to make the
> installation process easier, but currently you have to patch the
> latest CVS versions of video4linux and dvb-kernel.  I would also
> recommend using the driver on the 2.6.10 kernel, since that is the
> only version it has been tested on.
>
> I am interested on seeing how well it works for others.  Please let me
> know if you run into any problems with it, or are able to successfully
> use it.
>
> Kirk

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=30648/*http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/jibjabinaugural.html>

So this driver should be used instead of the ones from pchdtv and will
allow capture of local broadcast HDTV channels?  And then any DVB
features that are used in MythTV apply to the pchdtv card as well?  Ive
never used any DVB card before, just pvrx50s and the pchdtv3k, so is
there any big difference to setting one up? Should I still change the
format to us-bcast for the frequency (in Mythtv setup) for my HDTV
channels?  Should I start with a vanilla 2.6.10 kernel, or is using the
updated one for FC2 ok? I havent had any success in using the pdhctv3k
w/a 2.6.10 kernel, and as my main myth box is running that kernel, Id
love to be able to use my pchdtv card in that box now, so a big thank
you in advanced.

Tom