[mythtv] DVB Driver for the pcHDTV HD-3000

Kirk Lapray kirk_lapray at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 18:42:44 EST 2005

Just a few of examples are:

MPlayer - You can use dvb:// which would allow you to
view TV and to change channels and sub channels.

DVBStream
(http://www.linuxstb.org/dvbstream/index.shtml) -
broadcast an entire channel or sub channel over a LAN
to be viewed at other computers.  Or just stream a
channel  or sub channel to a file, much like
dtvstream.

MythTV - Great support for DVB.  You can scan a
channel and it will automatically add any sub
channels.  For me using DVB crashes a lot less than
using the pcHDTV driver.

For developers the DVB API is designed to work with
transport streams.  This makes creating an application
that uses these drivers rather simple.  You can easily
use the whole stream, or only certain PIDs in a
stream.

For more information you can go to
http://linuxtv.org/dvb/