[mythtv] DVB Subtitles Patch v1.0 released

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 10:46:19 EDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Ian Caulfield <imc25 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> I'm not that familiar with it myself - but it looks like FFmpeg provides
> decoders - so your decoder would have to be ported into libavcodec (and
> probably then sent off to the ffmpeg people for good measure). The decoder
> returns an AVSubtitle struct, which looks like it has a position, size,
> timecode and an 8-bit palettised image, which could then get fed through
> your display code.

Alright, thanks for the info. Converting the current code to a FFmpeg decoder
takes too much time, which I don't have anytime soon, unfortunately :(

In case someone implements a DVB subtitle decoder in FFmpeg, I'll
convert the code to
use it instead of the current parser. Only the display code would be
needed anymore, and actually, in that case the subtitling display code
should be generalized to always display subtitles if wanted,
regardless of the source (DVD/DVB/Teletext/etc.).

--
--PJ