[mythtv] memory leak in MainServer::FillStatusXML

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Jul 3 18:55:18 UTC 2005

On 1-Jul-05, at 2:41 AM, George Nassas wrote:

> Also, ProgramInfo::GetProgramRecordingProfile is leaking for me. The
> class hierarchy is a bit much for 2am, I'm hoping someone familiar
> with that stuff can go "aha". If not I'll chase it down.

I've narrowed this one down to the "rootGroup = new
RootSRGroup(*this);" at the end of ScheduledRecording's constructor.
Unfortunately that has pulled me into its base class which is the
hornets nest known as managedlist.cpp. I haven't mastered that one yet
but I have noticed that RootSRGroup is using the compiler-supplied copy
constructor for ScheduledRecording. Is this intentional?

My understanding is in these cases memcpy will be used and that's
definitely incompatible with the QStrings contained in that class. FWIW
creating a constructor with a simple list of assignments doesn't plug
the leak so it must be somewhere in the ManagedList hierarchy.

- George