[mythtv] Commercial Flagging Idea

David Miller david3d at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 21:55:08 EDT 2005

  I had an idea on a new commercial flagging technique which would
look at the average volume level of the audio between blank frames and
scene changes to help aid in commercial detection.  Since commercials
are typically much louder than a show.  I was hoping to experiment
with this idea but upon looking at the commercial flagging code it
appears that a number of changes would have to be made to incorporate
audio into the mix to add audio levels to the data structure etc.
  So at this point I'd like to hear thoughts from developers who are
more familiar with the codebase on the viability of using audio for
this purpose and/or thoughts on what type of changes would need to be
made to implement such an idea.
--
David