[mythtv] memory leak in MainServer::FillStatusXML

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jul 5 15:48:34 UTC 2005

On 5-Jul-05, at 12:48 AM, Isaac Richards wrote:

>> but I have noticed that RootSRGroup is using the compiler-supplied
>> copy
>> constructor for ScheduledRecording. Is this intentional?
>
> It shouldn't be using a copy of the object like that, no.
>
>> My understanding is in these cases memcpy will be used and that's
>> definitely incompatible with the QStrings contained in that class.
>> FWIW
>
> Not true.  It'll use defined copy-constructors if they exist, which is
> completely safe for QString.

OK, I must have forgotten that one among the hundreds of other C++
gotchas. In any case all the SR* subclasses don't need reference
members to their parent, particularly at destruction time when each of
them tries to destroy the parent that's currently destroying them. I
replaced the references with pointers. I also noticed that the classes
in managedlist.h and settings.h are managed through pointers to a base
class but the majority of them are lacking virtual destructors. Fixing
those things makes valgrind happier but I still haven't found that
elusive last memory leak. It looks like something is definitely wrong
in the managed list hierarchy but I haven't quite nailed it down yet.

- George