[mythtv] EPG doesn't work

Adam Egger adam.egger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 15:24:30 EDT 2005

On 7/5/05, Mattia Martinello <liste at mattiamartinello.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm using MythTV 0.18.1 with an Hauppauge WinTV Nova CI dvb-s card, and
> I can watch digital sat channels.
> How I can get the Program Guide to use the EPG data?
> At the time I can't see EPG data anymore, in the Program Guide nor in
> the "now watching" window.

Does it work in kaffeine or in another dvb applications? Please change
all the card settings in mythtv-setup, sometimes it works better with
TS sometimes PS is better here. Also change "Use DVB on demand" and
the Seq headers setting. Don't forget to restart the backend after
switching options. I thought it was my kernel until I'd found out that
changing options in mythtv-setup helps.

Adam