[mythtv] CVS XVMC-VLD status?

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 01:15:00 EDT 2005

On 7/5/05, J. Donavan Stanley <jdonavan at jdonavan.net> wrote:
> MagicITX wrote:
>
> >I did an unmerge on my current 0.18 mythtv and did emerge mythtv-svn.
> >I then did sql insert "xvmcBuffersID", 2 into my settings table.
> >
> >I no longer have an xvmc option in my Playback setup.  I have cle266
> >and xvmc-vld in my use flags.  Watching live tv is taking 60+% cpu so
> >its obviously not using hardware acceleraiton.
> >
> >If it matters this on an EPIA SP13000 using the Unichrome Pro driver
> >for the CN400 north bridge.
> >

> You still need to compile with the --enable-xvmc and what not.

I modified the ebuild src_compile section by adding $(use_enable
cle266 xmvc).  Since I have cle266 in make.conf that should put give
an --enable-xvmc.  It still didn't help.  I'm now trying with an
explicit --enable-xvmc.

A couple notes regarding the ebuild.  It didn't work when I emerged
mythtv-svn the second time.  The svn update, or ESVN_UPDATE_CMD var
should be 'svn up', not 'svn co'.  Second, the database update will
fail when it tries to insert values into xvmc_buffer_settings table.
The entries are already there so there is a pk violation.
mythfrontend won't start up.

--
Tim
www.magicitx.com