[mythtv] uClibC and MythTv

Andrew Mahone andrew.mahone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 03:08:12 EDT 2005

On 6/30/05, Mohamed Sabry <hakasesabrysan at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey guys
> i'm trying to compile MythTv using uClibc
> the libraries went ok but when compiling the mythepg lots and lots of
> unrefrenced stuff are displayed
>
> i'd be glad if some one helps me
>
> Mohammed

I posted a patch many moons ago which made MythTV compile with uClibc.
 It is available at http://ice-nine.us/files/mythtv-uclibc.patch.  It
will most likely not apply cleanly to current release or svn MythTV,
and I don't have time right now to update it or clean it up to the
point where it might be acceptable for inclusion.  I'm actually
surprised it even got through the libraries - looking at current svn,
mythmediamonitor is still using fstab.h, which is a no-no with uClibc
(unless that's changed?).

To make it acceptable for inclusion, I believe all that Isaac had only
really wanted mythmediamonitor fixed up to reduce the heavy use of
#ifdef there.  A new class, or possibly just a header with some
macros, would need to be added to handle the differences between the
fsent and mntent functions.

--
Andrew Mahone
andrew DOT mahone AT gmail DOT com