[mythtv] new mythgame thoughts

hary wilke harywilke at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 11:13:44 EDT 2005

I was thinking that for each Type you select a default command would
be put in the "Command:" box. This would help with emus that have
long complicated parameters like mame. I know this gets a bit
complicated because now  you might have a few different emus for lets
say gameboy, so you might have a blank "Gameboy" type and a
"Gameboy:Virtual Game Boy" Type. This might avoid people osnstantly
asking "what commands do i use for x emu?" As for myself i'm looking
into what the big long command was for xmame right now. I really like
having all my highscores and such.

I had another thought about the Type selector in the setup. Some
games run better with some emulators or graphics toolkits. for
example with mame it's easy to end up with a few versions of the
binary. my thought was, and you may already be ahead of me here, is
that in the rom list window when you select info on a rom you can set
a default emulator for roms where you have multiple emulators. Not
sure how necessary this really is though.

Anal nitpicking: I think that the list in the setup widow would be
better organized as such:
Player Name:
Player Type:
Command:
Rom Path:
Screen Shots:
Working Directory:
File Extensions:

Just seems more organized to my anal side to have all the path inputs
gathered next to each other.

anyway those are just some thoughts. I'm really glad to see some work
being done on this. The Wife loves Mrs. Pacman.
-hary