[mythtv] New MythGame not populating rom database

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Jul 7 18:36:04 EDT 2005

> GameDBSchemaVer is 1005, I even vaguely remember seeing it get
> upgraded. strange, but fixed now. thanks

 Very strange. I've run it on a few different machines and this problem
didn't show on any of them.

> hence the apparent flicker. I don't think there is anything wrong
> with this. i was just grabbing at straws when the database thing
> wasn't working.

 Gotcha,  I'll be making the progressbar move properly soon, just temporarily
locked it at 50% :)

> It's consistatly at about 6 seconds on my dual P3 1Ghz. I know it's

 Weird, I'll poke around and see if I can see anything that
 might cause that.

> Now that i've got the games all loaded in, i notice that the Genre
> and Year information that was being added before by catver.ini is no
> longer being applied to the listings in the Play Games window. is

 The filling in of data like Year, Genre and so on will be coming back
in pieces.

> starting point. If you do plan on some way of editing the info of
> individual roms, it would be nice if there was a little 'I' logo on

 I don't plan on adding rom specific configurations at this time. Except maybe
picking a default player if there are for example more than 1 snes player
available.

However I'm am looking into making the code able to gather this info from
a wider variety of games which will get populated when scanning for games.