[mythtv] DVB-EIT real time updates?

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Fri Jul 8 05:13:22 EDT 2005

Following the horrific events here in London yesterday, the TV schedule
on the major channels was completely re-written to accommodate all of
the extra news coverage.

I'm running a recent checkout from the 18-cvsfixes branch using the
built in over the air DVB guide, and when I looked at the schedule in
MythTV I noticed that it was all the original times and programming.
Wondering if maybe that was still what was being broadcast I ran
tv_grab_dvb into a file and compared it.

It turns out that the over the air guide had been updated for the new
programming and new times, but that MythTV hadn't picked any of this up.
So to the question: is this because the code to do subsequent updates
has not been written yet, or is this due to a bug?

Cheers,

Martin.