[mythtv] re what tv card to buy in australia to use with knoppmyth

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 07:30:35 EDT 2005

I have been using 2 AverMedia 771's for about a year now with no major problems.

I was a linux noob but managed to set them up OK, with help from the
list and friends.

The only DVB issues I have had are zero length recordings, but I don't
believe that is down to my card.

I am told that 2 771's is about the limit due to their bandwidth
requirements, but I am sure Hamish could tell you more about that :P

Whytey

On 7/14/05, phillip cole <phillbrett68 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi list what card would somebody recommend for use in Australia to run
> knoppmyth on I plan to setup a box and I want peoples recommendations I have
> geard good things about the dvico cards and the aver media cards too I have
> heard bad things about the vision plus dvb-t card very bad things actually
> so if you can contact me and recommend which card might be best suited I
> would appreciate it thanks list
> Bye
> >From phillip cole
>
> Phillip cole
> Phillbrett68 at optusnet.com.au

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.