[mythtv] Internal scheduling

Ian Jackson ianjackson at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 26 02:34:59 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm working on a little mythhack that should add  (very) basic pvr
functionality to record Internet streams using streamripper.  My goal is
to provide a basic interface interface where somebody can enter urls and
schedule recordings. Right now, it's a shell script that runs off the
cron daemon. However, I plan on using perl on the backend. I haven't
really considered the interface yet. I'm just focusing on getting the
backend to work.  I understand that myth has a built in scheduler. I had
a look at the db, however, I think I'm missing the large picture. Can
the Internal scheduler be used for anything? How is the scheduling
handled? Am I better off to just stick with cron?

Thanks,

Ian J.