AW: [mythtv] Information about MythTv Protocol

David Shay david at shay.net
Thu Jul 28 13:40:40 EDT 2005

You might want to check out the mvpmc project on sourceforge.net (
http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net ).  That is a psuedo-partial-mythfrontend
implementation for the Hauppauge Media Center MVP box that is written in
C.  There is a library as a part of that project called libcmyth that
should be leverageable.  It has already been leveraged once to write a
psuedo-mythfrontend for the Roku box.

I have been trying to keep libcmyth in sync with the protocol changes as
they occur and recently sent in a patch for protocol version 18, but I
have focussed on those portions of the protocol necessary for watching
tv only, not recording or other functions.