[mythtv] Channel change slow....

Joel Utting joelu.geo at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 08:15:33 EDT 2005

I've been getting channel change times of 6-10 seconds since using myth
which has improved to 4-7 seconds with the latest changes - but its
still far too long. I've spent the last week going through the code to
try to understand it and doing timings to figure out why it is taking so
long, but I haven't been able to affect the change time. I've heard myth
is buffering several seconds before it displays - is there any way to
make it buffer less ? Are then any parts that stand out as being slow ?
A pointer to parts of the code would be sufficient, I can do the work
myself.

Bye - Joel.