[mythtv] QAM tuning problem with HD-3000 & kernel DVB drivers

Bruce Pennypacker bruce at pennypacker.org
Thu Jun 2 15:56:49 UTC 2005

Taylor Jacob wrote:

> Are you sure the channels are not encrypted?  Are you building a new
> dtv_multiplex for the frequency and then added a channels entry with the
> serviceid that points to that new dtv_multiplex entry?

Yes, I'm positive some of the channels aren't encrypted - see my last
e-mail.  I have a dozen or so channels that I can tune into using azap,
dvbscan, etc.

I've tried adding entries to the channel & dtv_multiplex tables but
haven't had much luck.  I think one of the problems I may be having is
figuring out the serviceid in the channel table since all the dvb tools
utilise PID's.  From playing around I guessed that it was the value in
brackets in the first column of the dvbscan output but that hasn't
seemed to work.

I also haven't been setting a value for the transportid field in
dtv_multiplex.  I haven't been able to find out whether this needs to be
set to anything or not for QAM.

-Bruce