[mythtv] Incompatibility of PIP and XvMC

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Tue Jun 7 04:40:48 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 07 Jun 2005 03:09, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 06 June 2005 10:07 pm, Kevin Ruland wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I am interested in implementing Picture-in-Picture for XvMC-vld
> > accellerated systems.  I noticed in the XvMC header support for
> > subpictures.  Has anyone looked at trying to use the XvMCSubpictures to
> > support PIP?  Anything I should know before I dig in?
>
> I don't think a 16 color PiP is worth the effort.

Indeed.  Although the xvmc-colour-osd patch included 8 colour pip, but just
for fun really. :-) Unfortunately it's broken at the moment until I have time
to catch up with Daniels second osd code reorg.

Having said that the CLE266/CN400 should have enough spare horsepower to be
able to decode two mpeg streams simultaneously and scale down to a pip sized
image.

Obviously a significant amount of work to achieve though.

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge