[mythtv] DVD Channel Auto-Add

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 09:25:42 UTC 2005

On Tue 7 June 2005 10:11, John Pullan wrote:
> TBH the update code is probably correct in principal but in practice
> stuff goes wrong. I do believe that it should update the channel table
> automatically in the same way as STBs. However we have issues at the
> moment when people change the "channel idents" etc.

The major issue is that the 'updates' overwrite current channel configurations
including icon paths, xmltvids, visible flags and as you've said customised
channel callsigns etc It also breaks scheduled recording because the channel
number is changed too

The code simply needs to update the necessary fields instead of overwriting
everything.
--
Stuart Morgan