[mythtv] DVD Channel Auto-Add

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:57:44 UTC 2005

On 07/06/05, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:

> > Taylor has but forward the suggestion
> >of adding another field to the channel table with a read only copy of
> >the channel ident in it.
> >

> You mean that there IS a unique ID for all channels which works in all
> countries?

No sorry I didn't mean to give that impression.

For a given multiplex, using constant channel idents may  be the way
to avoid some of the deletion/recreation issues. e.g For a service, if
the channel ident is matched then maybe we can just update it's
service id. Perhaps there needs to be a whole set of rules  to
updating a service rather than the delete/recreate scenario. There
will still be gotchas if the service moves between muxes.

For the purpose of xmltvid looking up then we have more of an issue in
trying to match a very specific service. In which case we can, I
think, use a combination of channel ident, network id and service id
hopefully get us to the specific data.

I don't think there's a universal solution and maybe I shouldn't have
linked the threads like this.

--
John