[mythtv] Idea - "Loading Live TV" screen

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Wed Jun 8 04:48:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 22:48 -0500, Matt wrote:
> Hi everyone.  Just wanted to shoot something out there.  Before Issac
> submitted the patch that helped shorten the time that Live TV started,
> I realized how annoying it sometimes can be to wait for the live TV to
> buffer.  Has anyone thought about creating possibly a static
> graphic/screen of some sort that displays a message saying "Buffering
> Live TV" or "Loading Live TV".  Another possibility, depending on
> difficulty, could be a progress bar that indicates how far along the
> buffering process is.
>
> Just something other than a blank, black screen that will start in
> sometime between 2-10 seconds.

You might want to look at the Signal Monitor patch:
  http://www.cuymedia.net/patches/

It tells you what is happening up to the point at which the recorder
gets fired up and starts sending data through the ringbuffer.

Currently it breaks the mythtv-setup channel scanning feature for
DVB drivers, but I'm working on that...

-- Daniel