[mythtv] MythTV DVB Subtitles Patch v0.4 released

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:16:50 UTC 2005

> I've had a try at this and managed 1 case of subtitles and
> 2 cases of rapidly consuming memory until it hardlocks the machine.
>
> I'm going to beat it up a bit and see what I can find....

I disabled a line of code that freed a packet because it caused a
crash in my machine. I need to analyze the spot and find out in what
cases the packet should be really freed, and when not. It would help
if you provide a sample of a stream that causes the memory fillup.
What do you mean with "1 case of subtitles"? That it did actually work
once? :)

> Also these patches don't apply cleanly against current CVS

I think I'll stick with the 0.18-fixes branch for now and port it when
a new version is released. Otherwise the patch is always outdated and
does not apply to anything cleanly.

--
--PJ