[mythtv] Cannot delete a recording

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 12:54:14 UTC 2005

On 6/11/05, Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:

> Hmm...
> It's strange that you can play it but not delete it.
> To be able to play it, mythtv must have figured out the filename properly.
>
> Since it's just one hour difference, maybe it's a daylight saving thing?
> Like some code part that takes it into account but not the other.
> If so, maybe it woud be posibel to turn back the date or something, or
> temporarily change timezoen just to test if it's realy the case.

Okay, I tried it out; I set the timezone to Saskatchewan time, and
then I was able to delete the recording.

So, I'd say that confirms there's a bug somewhere. Deleting of
recordings is following the timeshift somehow, and Watching recordings
is not. I would expect that Watching is the correct behaviour.

Hm, I wonder if that would mean I can't delete any of my recordings
from before the time shift. Unfortunately, I want to keep them all, so
I can't delete any to try it out

I could suspect that popular Qt timezone bug, except that I'm not
running FC, and  even if I was, I'm not running a version that has the
bug (far as I understand). But even if it is a Qt bug, why doesn't it
affect Watching a recording as well. :)

--
aaron