[mythtv] Realtime Commercial Flag / skip problem

ben levitt benjie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:45:44 UTC 2005

On 6/13/05, James Armstrong <james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:
> I am running CVS as of a week ago. I have been using the realtime
> flagging since it came out but have not had any luck. Last night I
> started to watch The Deadzone as it was being recorded. At the first
> commercial the osd popped up and showed a commercial skip, but when I
> pressed skip it osd showed 'Not Flagged'. Near the end of the recording
> the last commercial skip worked. This was just a few minutes after the
> recording stopped.

I wonder if you need to turn on the "Skip Unflagged Commercials"
setting on the "Commercial Skip" settings screen?

And if you do need to turn that on, then maybe the code that checks
that setting should be changed to allow commercial skip attempts in a
program that hasn't been completely flagged, if that program's
flagging has started, and realtime flagging is enabled?

I guess when the "Skip Unflagged Commercials" setting is turned off,
it should still always allow skipping a commercial if it can tell
where the end is.  It's just that now, with realtime flagging, we have
a more complex method of figuring that out that we should try before
showing the dreaded "Not Flagged" message.

Ben