[mythtv] mythbackend spinning in "Waiting for a thread ..."

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Jun 16 15:20:58 UTC 2005

> This was not reproducible when there was a small number of recordings
> (I am going to go out on a limb and say "5", since that happens to be
> the number of threads created by the MainServer object). But now I
> have 10 recordings and can consistently reproduce this problem by
> clicking on "Recorded Programs". I don't experience a problem with any
> other mythweb pages.

Historically there have been issues with preview pixmap generation. However,
I believe all of these have been resolved (regardless I disabled
show_recorded_pixmaps long ago and insist on feeling I'm better for it).

A bit of the log prior to the "Waiting" loop might prove useful. Hitting
that loop is possible even on other system types, so I'm not sure this is a
64 specific issue.

--
Anduin Withers