[mythtv] dvb zero length record

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 03:15:10 UTC 2005

On 6/17/05, Matt Boyd <mcboyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I only started getting dvb 0 length records when I went from 0.16 to
> 0.17. At the same time I started getting sound drop outs part way
> through a recording. The audio disappears but the picture continues
> fine. I had initially thought this had been fixed in 0.18 but I had a
> loss of sound in a recording yesterday.

FTR: Mine only started going from 0.16 to 0.17.  Now you mention it, I
have had one such audio-less halfway through recording, but thats one
in many many months.

> It seemed to work a lot better (ie no 0 length and no audio loss) when
> it was possible to specify audio and video pids manually. Is there a way
> to reinstate / force pids manually?

Hmmm.  I don't know if I support this move.  While it was more
reliable, I don't think setup was as easy.  I think if the issue can
be found, thats a much better solution.

--
GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.