[mythtv] memory leak in MainServer::FillStatusXML

Neil neil at mailbox.co.za
Mon Jun 20 19:57:07 UTC 2005

On 19 Jun 2005 07:49:26 -0600
 "Julien Hamaide" <julien.hamaide at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try enabling the --show-reachable option. This will give
> all allocated
> memory not freed but a pointer to the memory still exist.
>
> Hope it help
>
> Julien Hamaide
>
> On 6/19/05, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 19-Jun-05, at 9:57 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> >
> > > Suggest running the backend under valgrind. It takes
> a fair bit of
> > > CPU & memory but it'll point you in the right
> direction....
> >
> > I tried valgrind before posting but it didn't turn up
> much. 200 bytes
> > here and there but nothing to account for the multi
> megabytes that had
> > been gushing. Possibly someone is still holding a
> pointer to the lost
> > memory? I'll try valgrind again and report back later
> in the week.
> >
> > - George

I've been seeing this with my monitoring script as well
since upgrading from 0.17 to 0.18 (just been too lazy to
really have a look at it). From what I've seen it's not
limited to the XML status page however. In addition to
checking the status page, my script issues
"QUERY_GETALLPENDING" requests to get more detailed
information (for a backend VFD). Both of these requests
present the same symptoms for me, so it may be a problem
with something else in the backend that's common to both (I
would guess the scheduler).

Neil