[mythtv] New commits mailing list: Woo hoo!

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Wed Jun 22 19:47:25 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 22 Jun 2005 18:27, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 June 2005 01:06 pm, Robert Tsai wrote:
> > I'm missing something. You intend to provide *both* svn and cvs
> > access? Why not just flip the switch when it's ready? Then you only
> > have to maintain one svn server, and forget about cvs ...
>
> For anon access, it wouldn't really matter which is used.  Figured it be
> nice if people didn't have to re-checkout things if they didn't have to.
>
> Isaac

...and keeping cvs access won't double the size of everyone's source
repository immediately. :)

There's this:-
http://sam.zoy.org/writings/programming/svn2cvs.html

Mainly about migration, but he mentions a post commit script to mirror svn
changes into cvs.

Having said that... I don't think keeping cvs access is worthwhile in the long
term. Might be worth having a plan and saying something like after the next
major release the repository will be svn only or something.

BTW Don't know if you've discovered it yet... but the very useful svn annotate
is unusably slow on files with long commit histories.

Cheers,

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge