[mythtv] mythgame docs: xmame setup

harywilke harywilke at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 20:04:30 UTC 2005

On Jun 22, 2005, at 10:39 PM, Martin Moeller wrote:

> Onsdag den 22. juni 2005 20:26 skrev Robert Kulagowski:
>
>> hary wilke wrote:
>>
>>> Hints:
>>> No joystick causing failure to launch solution:
>>> i don't have a joystick and mythgame expects a joystick by default.
>>> xmame will fail to launch because mythgame sends the option "-
>>> joytype
>>> 4" to xmame by default. To fix this you need to do a little bit of
>>> voodoo on your mythconverge database. You will need to set
>>> "joytype"  to
>>> 0 by editing the mamesettings table in your mythconverge
>>> database.  I
>>> used phpMyAdmin cause i'm a SQL newb!
>>>

>> I'm almost ready to commit a version of these instructions, but
>> need to
>> know if this caveat still holds true, and if the solution is to
>> modify
>> the mamesettings table.
>>

> I had to do that also, after a few runs of strace to see what was
> going on...
> I would like it if we could tweak these things in a mythgame config
> screen,
> but setting joytype to 0 by default is a good first step :)
>
> /Martin.

There was some mention of making the default -joytype be 0 in this
thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/135340
but i never saw a cvs commit for that actually changed this.

Thanks for putting the finishing touches on this. It'll be good to
see more than a blank page in the docs.
Mrs. PacMan is a huge plus for the Wife Acceptance Factor.

-hary