[mythtv] MythPhone and DTMF

Christophe Guerin christophe.guerin at eikonex.net
Mon Jun 27 13:00:15 UTC 2005

> So if I understand this; you see the "a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000"
> line in the INVITE but not in the 180 or 200 response?
>
> This means MythPhone has offered the use of RFC2833 DTMF when it initiated
> the call and the other side has rejected the offer.  So your problem lies
> with the far end.
>
> Try making a call from the far end to MythPhone and see if it puts a similar
> line in the INVITE; maybe it does not understand the syntax.

I use different clients with MythPhone. If I configure them to use the
RFC2833 DTMF there is this line :
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
during the INVITE.

Anyway, when I'm using a UserAgent who generate this line (example
KPhone without the video stuffs, or a BudgeTone hardphone), MythPhone is
able to receive the DTMF signal, but always impossible to send it even
if MythPhone is the receiver or the caller...

Thanks in advance