[mythtv] uc: Xtraview patch

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:01:03 UTC 2005

On 6/28/05, James Stembridge <jstembridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/28/05, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> > Questionable legality......
> >
> > Can almost guarantee it'll never be in cvs/svn
>
> I wonder on what basis it's considered illegal? We have no DMCA
> equivalent here in the UK afaik.
>
> James.

You're assuming that this patch is UK specific and doesn't break any
laws, granted it probably is at the moment but that's still a big
assumption. This really isn't the sort of issue anybody wants myth
associated with or an area where it's sensible to be flying close to
the wire.

Plus, the correct way to implement the 'xtraview patch' functionality
is via manual editing of PIDs by the user. That way it's the user
that's potentially breaking laws and not the software!

Steve