[mythtv] instant recording ?? would like to help get that working.

stanley kamithi skamithi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:43:52 UTC 2005

hi,

i'm new to mythtv. started using it about 3-4 weeks ago. I love it.

wanted to make some changes to it so that it can be even better.

i'm a hobby programmer, and i'm not a c++ expert, but i'm learning
through this project.

i'm working on 1 thing right now and wanted to also tackle the
"instant recording" feature after that ( hope it its the right feature
i'm thinking about ).

the 1 thing i'm working on, is to switch between livetv, recording and
recorded mode and, change channels  to a live tv station while
watching a recorded show, without killing the tv instance. so far i've
gotten to it work..okay.. i've embedded the playbackbox and scheduled
recording box so that i can look at that while i watch tv.

is anyone else working on this  ?

After that is done, i'd like to be able to get the feature where you
can record  a live tv show from the beginning if u want to. I am
correct that this is instant recording feature ?
I read the archives and it said that the feature used to be in the
code but it was not working properly. I searched 0.11 and 0.12 code
but couldn't find it.

Please help me find it. I'd like to help whoever is working on getting
this feature to work.

thanks .. btw.. great job !.. i think its awesome what u folks have done so far.