[mythtv] mythweb updates always need to mkdir php_sessions

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jun 30 15:44:46 UTC 2005

> Have you considered using a pre-existing framework rather than writing
> your own? There's several out there, eg. Horde, http://www.horde.org/,
> that provide flexible facilities for handling this stuff.

Please don't tell me you're suggesting that I install that BEAST in
order to access mythweb...  People have enough trouble as it is to
install mythweb (and it's mostly automatic), it takes a fairly
intelligent sysadmin to install/configure horde properly (let's just say
there's a reason that people still use squirrelmail instead of
horde/imp).  Besides, that'd be like using a tank to kill a mosquito.
PHP session handling is like 30 (short) lines of code.

But on that note, I've considered it, and I'd do it in a heartbeat if I
found something worth using.  The problem is that PEAR is *so* much
smaller than something like CPAN.

There *have* been offers of one of the nicer web-music-streaming apps
(honestly, I forget who they are now) wanting to redo mythweb's music
interface, but my attempts to contact them about details have been met
with silence.

-Chris