[mythtv] dvb tuning setup oddness

Mark Edwards mark.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:38:24 UTC 2005

I'm trying to diagnose a problem with ./setup in tuning up my DVB-T card.

I am setting up 5 distinct transports to correspond with the 5 channel
frequencies available in my area. I then proceed to a scan of existing
transports, which is where the fun starts.

The tuner appears to tune to each distinct frequency corresponding to
each transport and the DVBSIParser pulls back the PIDs, however each
time the tuner moves to a different transport (and frequency) the PID
table pulled back from the parser is exactly the same, resulting in
multiple entries for the same channel in the channel table.

Anyone with some knowledge of dvbchannel, dvbsiparser, scanwizard etc.
got any ideas as to what might be going on here?

regards,

Mark P. Edwards