[mythtv] possible bug / cosmetic in frontend watching while recording

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 15:27:15 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 10:04, James Armstrong wrote:
> I have noticed this since running cvs of .17. The time / length of the
> recording shows wrong if I watch a recording while it is being
recorded.
> This happens once the recording finishes. If I am watching at time 45
> minutes into a currently recording show that is at 50 minutes it shows
> correctly on the osd. If I pause the recording for a few minutes until
> it finishes recording then the osd will show the total time of the
> recording as double. If it is an hour show it will usually show
> something like 01:59:00 on the osd as the length of the recording. I
> don't know if it is on HD recordings only or on all recordings. I will
> have to test that and see if I can get any verbose logs that will
help.

I'm seeing something sort of similar... but opposite :-)  If I watch an
in-progress recording, the length shown is consistently significantly
less than the actual recorded portion of the program.  For instance, if
I watch an in-progress recording that's been going for 30 minutes, I
only get, say, 12 minutes of it.  If I try to FF or watch past that
point, it behaves as if it reached the end of the program.  As soon as
the recording finishes, I can watch the whole thing.

This is using an ivtv card, DVD-Special-1 profile.  Myth CVS 2-12-2005.

-JAC