[mythtv] Re: How can I debug the scheduler

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 15:31:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 05:16:19PM +1100, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> 	Short of adding lots of extra printf/VERBOSE, is there
> any user way to poke around in the scheduler's grey matter?

You can run "mythbackend -v schedule --testsched" to see what a
completely clean run of the scheduler would do.  That won't always
match what a running scheduler would do, however, because it doesn't
have all of the state information from what has previously been done.

I have plans to make the scheduler do a better job of recording what
it did and why.  That's probably a few weeks away, though.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net