[mythtv] [OT] Protocol Question: QUERY_RECORDINGS

Bill Jackson bill.jackson at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 2 19:03:31 UTC 2005

Yan-Fa Li wrote:

> Simple question for all you protocol experts.  Version 0.17 seems to
> be reporting one more program in the header than it actually
> supplies.  Is this a bug or just an implementation detail for using
> loops ?
>
> DATA_LENGTH PROGRAM_COUNT[]:[]REST OF PROGRAM DATA
>
> On my backend it says 217, but when I actually process the data it
> comes up as 216.  Is this deliberate ?

Yan,
    I'm not an expert, but my guess is that it's not.
    The code thats generating the response is in:

       programs/mythbackend/mainserver.cpp

    By my reading of 'HandleQueryRecordings', the logic is basically:

        // query 'recorded' table
        outputlist << QString::number(query.size());
        while (query.next()) {
            ProgramInfo *proginfo = query2pginfo(query);
            proginfo->ToStringList(outputlist);
        }
         SendResponse(pbssock, outputlist)

    I don't see how this code could produce the results you're seeing.
    You might want to double check your end?
-bj