[mythtv] uClibc patch - comment needed on mythmediamonitor changes.

Andrew Mahone andrew.mahone at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 02:21:17 UTC 2005

I've gotten MythTV working on uClibc, thought it was a bit of a pain.
I had to add a file that gets -included, with a number of hacks so
that gcc math optimization (double->float function substitutions,
mostly) doesn't break anything, added an implementation of
getloadavg() to libmyth (it just reads from /proc/loadavg), and
modified mythmediamonitor to use *mntent instead of *fsent (which is
unimplemented in uClibc as well).  Most of this is only activated if
__UCLIBC__ is defined by the compiler, and the include hack and extra
libmyth function are activated by adding using_uclibc to CONFIG.

The modified mythmediamonitor will work with or without uClibc, so I
thought that it would be in the interest of maintainability to keep
only one version of modified code, instead of two with #ifdefs.  I can
redo that particular part with #ifdefs if so desired.  If somebody
thinks I ought to, let me know, and I'll fix it before submitting the
patch (should be this weekend, after I make sure it's good on current
CVS).
--
Andrew Mahone
andrew DOT mahone AT gmail DOT com