[mythtv] mythtv presentation at the CeBIT

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Thu Mar 3 09:42:36 UTC 2005

From: Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com>
Sender: mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org
To: Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv] mythtv presentation at the CeBIT
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 01:22:56 -0800

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 23:42, Marcus Metzler wrote:

>Either you're not doing a very good job of trying to be funny, or you have=
>=20
>absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Hauppauge has actually been=20
>rather helpful with ivtv development, both on the software side and hardwar=
>e=20
>side.

They have done nothing for bttv, dvb or mvp. They may have done something
for ivtv, but considering that the drivers are always way behind the
latest hardware versions, that could not be too much.

>Hauppauge has provided quite a bit of information on the various hardware=20
>components, details on their eeproms (almost the entire tveeprom module is=
>=20
>based off data provided by Hauppauge), and it is through Hauppauge that we=
>=20
>were able to get datasheets for nearly all the tuners on the latest PVR-XXX=
>=20
>cards and the cx25840 chip on the 150 and 500.

>They have also donated hardware to a few key people, myself included. I'm s=
>ure=20
>Axel can share more details on why you're way off base with the statement=20
>that Hauppauge has never helped with any of the driver development for thei=
>r=20
>cards.

So they may have come around a little bit on one of their hardware
projects, but for most of their hardware the drivers were written
without any of their help.

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|