[mythtv] Re: DVB "Transport Continuity" errors locking mythfrontend, dropping audio in recordings, etc.

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 02:59:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:34:06 -0700, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been having trouble with two issues:
>
> 1. with Mythfrontend lockups while watching either recorded or live
> HDTV (always ABC)
>
> 2. audio complete dropout, either midway through a program (HDTV,
> always ABC) or while watching live TV. This doesn't happen on my
> PVR-250 at all, just the Air2PC.

For what it's worth, I seem to have been able to resolve this issues.
Two things:

1. updated DVB drivers
2. clean make of mythtv with new drivers

now the audio will drop out, but instead of locking up, it comes right back.

It only does this on ABC, and only at/during commerical breaks, so I
assume it has something to do with the transition between local and
upstream feeds.