[mythtv] DVB lockup - a possible solution? - better response

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Sun Mar 6 17:47:38 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "MythTV" <mythtv at taoyama.com>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] DVB lockup - a possible solution? - better response

> What I see happening is that when a channel does not tune 'startchan'
> is set blank.  The next time you try to watch TV it can't tune since
> 'startchan' is blank.  I tried a quick hack in the code that sets
> startchan in the database so it wouldn't write a blank field but I view
> this as a hack.  The right solution would be to not update 'startchan'
> when tuning fails.
>
> I'm away from my system right now and I won't be able to track this
> down any further until next weekend but I hope this information helps.
>
> Mino

Not so simple. Driving by what you say I start looking to startchan and
tunechan during the tuning of unbroadcasting channel. There seem to be two
problems:

1) If the channel is not tuned, due for example to unplugged satellite
antenna cable, a blank is inserted in startchan
2) If the channel is succesfully tuned, but no data is received the tunable
but unreceiving channel is stored in startchan

Before taking action, I'd like to double check these...

Leandro