[mythtv] [experimental patch] vbi decoder for IVTV cards

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:03:21 UTC 2005

> > 1) 888 subtitles are not 100%, this could be reception issues -
> > difficult to tell, however my picture is crystal clear and other txt
> > pages I tried did not present any typical bad reception type errors.
>
> Tetetext and subtitles (page 888) use the same routine. What do you mean with
> not 100%? Wrong characters? I disabled character conversion for the moment.
> Uncomment these and test. Other reason could be the font itself, perhaps
> special characters are not in the TTF file.

Hi, no it seems to missing quite a few updates, for example only
getting one side of a conversation. I don't think it is a colour
issue, as the previous subtitle remains on the screen. When viewing
the same channel on the TV with subtitles on, definitely all speech
has matching subtitles, but when through Myth only get say 60% of
subtitles.

Hope that makes sense!

Paul